The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural:
- Website – refers to Nordic Computational Biology website.
- Service – refers to the Website.
- You (either capitalized or not) – means the individual accessing or using the Service or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable. Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), you can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Service. You can read more about the GDPR at the following address: https://gdpr.eu/.
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. For the purposes of the GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to you such as a name, e-mail address, and online identifier.
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
- Cookies – small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Personal information collected through: i) forms used for Nordic Computational Biology Talks and ii) for communication; to attend and manage your submissions and queries to us, and by answering to your messages that you send via Contact Form. Your Personal Data is processed in accordance with Article 6, 1, a) of the General Data Protection Regulation. You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, and cancellation by contacting us. Please note that you may be asked to verify your identity before we respond to such requests. If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work properly. You can control your Cookies at the browser level, or instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. We only use analytics cookies i.e. cookies used to track the use and performance of our Website; we use analytics cookies through Google Analytics:
- Google Analytics is Google’s own web and traffic analytics tool. It is used to learn more about how users visit a website, how visitors interact with a website, get feedback on popular content and check whether or not visitors return to a website. Read more about Google Policy.
- _ga, _gali, _gat, _gid: these Cookies are set by Google via Google Analytics service. They are used to measure traffic and collect information about how visitors use our website. This information is used to compile statistical reports to help us better understand users’ behaviours and improve the website. A number is randomly assigned to each visitor to identify them while collecting information anonymously. Information collected include the number of visitors, their locations and the pages they visit (Initiator: Webserver). Read more about Google Policy.
You can opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites by using Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. For more information about cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Here are the data protection principles, we follow:
- Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent. We always consider your rights before Processing personal data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which personal data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- We do our best to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of data.
We do our best to keep your personal data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.